Indian premier league T20
India is always been known to home some special cricket talent and crazy cricket fans to make this game more bigger and fancy. Indian premier league added new dimensions to this with its start in 2008. This professional T20 cricket league is among some most successful and popular tournaments across the globe.
The league was initiated by Board of control for cricket in India (BCCI) to showcase the hidden cricket talent. Some initial seasons of this had eight franchise teams owned by Bollywood stars, media houses & corporate giants to bid for the best players in the auctions organized by the league.
This most-attended cricket league is currently famous as vivo IPL and ready to host its 13th season in 2020. The hot encounters of the past produced some iconic moments, records etc and this blog is perfect to reach best of those. let’s checkout-
Most successful teams
The blue jersey side Mumbai Indians and captain cool Mahendra singh dhoni led men in yellow Chennai super kings are top two successful teams ever in the history of the game and clinched four and three titles respectively. Though Chennai super kings have a winning percentage of 61.2% to stand ahead leaving Mumbai Indians second with win percentage of 57.29%. The Kolkata night riders are the third most successful team with two titles and have an exclusive record of the greatest number of consecutive wins in IPL (14).
Kings XI Punjab, Delhi capitals & Royal challengers Bangalore are the current playing sides to still wait for their first title.
- The indian batting continued their legacy here and modern fire Virat Kohli tops the list of most run getters in IPL. He also got most number of IPL tons (5) under his name and surpassed other indian greats Suresh Raina and Rohit Sharma who hold other spots in top three.
Also See : Best Travel deals in India
- All world knows the six hitting capability of windies giant Chris Gayle and no surprise to find him as murderer of white ball. He got the record of highest individual score (175*) and most number of sixes in IPL(326) under his name.
- The captain kohli led Royal Challengers Bangalore have been little unfortunate to win a title but this star packed side posted the maximum totals twice in the history of IPL. They scored 263/5 against Pune warriors in 2013 and 248/3 while having Gujrat Lions as opposition in 2016 season of the league.
- The Orange cap belongs to maximum run scorer of the season and Australian opener David Warner is the only players to bag it thrice (2015,17,19) .
- The king of Yorkers Lasith Malinga is the leading wicket taker in the history of IPL. The Mumbai Indians pacer clinched 170 wickets in 122 matches with an impressive average of 19.8. Amit Mishra and Harbhajan singh follow next with 157 and 150 wickets respectively.
- This shortest format of crickets is always been brutal for bowlers but sometimes they outshine the performance of willow. Alzarri Joseph of Mumbai Indians proved this and against sun risers hyderabad he delivered best bowling figures (12/6) in the history of IPL.
- The veteran off spinner Harbhajan Singh from Chennai super kings bowled maximum dot balls (1249) while medium pacer Praveen kumar bowled maximum maiden overs so far in the tournament.
- Hat trick is one of the most rare and game changing event in the game of cricket. The indian leg spinner Amit Mishra not only made it possible but recorded hat trick of hat trick under his name which came in 2008, 2011 & 2013 seasons of IPL. Lakshmipati Balaji and Shreyas Gopal are the Inaugural and latest hat trick taker in this league.
- Bhuvneshwar kumar of Sunrisers Hyderabad is the only player in IPL history to Bag purple cap in consecutive seasons of IPL( 2016,2017). The Chennai super kings pacer Dwyane bravo is the other to win two purple caps.
So this was the small gist of those fiery encounters from all the seasons of the biggest cricket fest. The 2020 season of IPL is postponed due the global pandemic of corona virus and updated schedule is still awaited.
Also read : Best Branded Laptops Under Rs 50000 In India